ECU Bilateral Exchange and UNCEP Programs:
Application fee due when the application is turned in:
o ECU Bilateral: $100
o UNCEP: $150
Checks and money orders are the only accepted method of payment.
The tuition for participating on an ECU Bilateral program or UNCEP program costs the same as if you were at ECU that semester (main campus tuition and fees at your normal in- or out-of-state rate). You will be billed the normal ECU tuition and fees for that semester that you incur any other semester. You will be responsible for paying the host university directly for housing and/or meals.
**Exceptions: If a student participates on an ECU bi lateral program with UN Heredia in Costa Rica, the student will be charged for tuition, housing, and meals, all at the ECU rate for that semester.
Students participating on ISEP exchange will be charged ECU tuition, fees, housing, and meals all at the ECU main campus rate (in- or out-of-state depending on the student's designation) for that semester.
o ISEP Exchange: $395
To find current ECU tuition and fees rate, please visit this page: http://www.ecu.edu/cashier/tufee.cfm
The ISEP Direct application deposit is $390 and should be turned in along with the completed application.
o ISEP Direct: $390
Students participating in consortium programs will pay the costs directly to the university with whom we are allowed to send students on their programs. For more information, please contact the ECU study abroad office.
ECU-Led Study Abroad Programs & ECU Tuscany:
Each faculty-led program has its own associated fees. On the program's brochure page, there is a breakdown of what the fee includes. Once accepted, students will follow the payment deadlines as listed in their program application. In general, these are the summer payment deadlines:
- Upon Acceptance to Program: $575 ($75 application fee + $500 deposit)
- February 28th: Half of remaining program balance
- March 31st: Full program balance
Financial Aid may be used to defer the February 28th and March 31st payments until aid is released.
Online: Follow the directions in the document “Instructions for Making a Study Abroad Payment.” When making the deposit, please be sure to select the appropriate and choose the ‘SSAB’ option.
In person: Take cash, check, or credit card to the Cashier’s Office. Be sure to tell the Cashier that the payment is a deposit for a study abroad program and the appropriate term.
By Mail: Mail in a check or money order to the following address. Make payable to ECU. Include in the memo your Banner ID and that the payment is a study abroad deposit with the term.
G120 Old Cafeteria Complex
Mail Stop 230
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
Other Program Related Expenses:
· Health Insurance- Students participating in ECU Bilateral programs and UNCEP programs are required to purchase the study abroad health insurance provided by the UNC system. Students will be notified of these charges after being accepted into the study abroad program as rates change each year.
o Students can also purchase insurance for up to two weeks prior and after their intended program.
· Airfare- Students are eligible for student discounts on certain flights. It is recommended that students shop around for the best deals. One thing to consider is if a student may want to extend their time abroad at the end of the program and extending a ticket bought online can sometimes be difficult. It may be easier to work with a travel agent or airline directly. Some recommended sites/companies to compare prices with are:
o STA Travel
· Student Visas- Depending on where students go, they may need to get a visa. To find out more about costs, please visit the regional consulate website for the country where you will study. You can find a list of consulates here: http://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-in/united-states#