First Friends ProgramThe Office of International Affairs will match incoming international students with an ECU student who will be assigned for one academic year or one semester (for short-term exchange students). This program strives to create connections between current students and new international students. For more information please contact Dr. William Mallett at (252) 328-1939 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goals of this program are to:• Introduce new international students to current ECU students and to create mutual exchange of culture and friendship.
• Assist international students to adjust to life at ECU and the United States as quickly and smoothly as possible.
• Enhance international students’ satisfaction with their academic and social experience.
What can the First Friends Program offer me?• New international friends!
• More involvement in the university!
• Improve cross-cultural communication skills.
• Gain leadership experience and develop interpersonal communication skills.
• Have a unique and impressive experience to add to your résumé.
• Enjoy the satisfaction of using your skills to help others.
If you are interested in applying, you can print out the following form and submit it to the International House: First Friends Domestic Student App 2014.pdf